Today is the Fireflies monthly meeting. For those who don't know what Fireflies is: "A group of wonderfully made 3rd-5th graders looking to shine our light. The Firefly girl knows that beauty radiates from the inside out, and that real beauty comes from serving others." I have the wonderful privelege of teaching them through God's Word. Here is the lesson from September's meeting.
God Made Me!
Has anyyone here ever completed a puzzle?
• When you look at one piece it doesn’t really make any sense.
• But what happens when one piece connects with another? (You begin to see a picture)
• When all the pieces are connected the puzzle is complete and there is a beautiful masterpiece.
• Definition of a Masterpiece: The greatest work, as of an artist.
From pieces to Masterpiece
You and I are like puzzle pieces in the hand of God. He selected each piece of our body to create a beautiful masterpiece. That’s right, You are His greatest work!
Remember what I shared with you last time we were together: God knows You. And He knows everything about you because He made You. Today we’re going to learn about your creation by looking at God’s work and His thoughts for you.
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
From the top of your head, to the tip of your toes was created by God. He selected the perfect combination to make You. Here is a list that sets you apart:
• Your Hair – the color, the texture, and type
• Your Eyes – the shape, the color, the eyelashes, and eyebrows
• Your Nose – where it ends, how high, how low
• Your Lips – the shape, the length, the fullness, and the shade
• Your Skin – the perfect color you have is like no other! And some of you have beauty marks and freckles, or how I like to call them: God’s extra touch!
God not only created your unique features, but He designed you with purpose:
• Your neck – connects your beautiful face and intelligent brain to your body
• Your Arms – they help you work, eat, play, hug, worship and serve God
• Your Legs – they help you walk, run, climb, ride bicycle, and DANCE!
• Your Mouth – to eat, to speak, to laugh, and to sing
• Your eyes – to see, to read, to
• Your Bones – each shaped for their own function
• Your Muscles – which obey your bones and brains
• Your Heart - pumps the blood which is your lifeline
• Your Lungs – they breathe the right amount life giving oxygen
• Other Organs – work to sustain your life
These are all the pieces that make up you’re unique physical features. And He made all of this is your Mother’s womb. But there is more to you than just your appearance and function. He created you with a unique and awesome personality. I love that you are all so different. Each one of you represents a piece of God. Together we all reflect the beauty and glory of God.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.
You are wonderfully made. Everything about your creation is wonderful because our wonderful God made you. How should we respond to this great truth that God made us? By praising God!
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out (The days fashioned for me) before a single day had passed.
We read that your life was recorded in God’s book. Another way of reading this verse says that God fashioned the days for you. What does this mean?
• Think of it like this: Tonight you will choose what you will wear tomorrow. You choose which pants to wear with what shirt and you leave it ready for the next day. So it is with you and God, He has already chosen for you what your purpose in life will be. And God’s plans are always the best plan. If you follow Him and obey, He will lead you to His life for you, the best life.
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
These two verses fill me with joy! God thinks about you. His thoughts aren’t bad, they aren’t sad, or mean. His thoughts are precious because you are worthy and of great value in His sight.
Let’s take a look into one of these precious thoughts of God about you:
Ephesians 2:10: For YOU ARE God’s masterpiece. He has created YOU anew in Christ Jesus, so YOU can do the good things He planned for us long ago.
This is wonderful news!
God made YOU
God knows YOU
And precious are His thoughts about YOU
|Love this pic of the girls laughing and listening to the bible study. |
As you can tell, I can be a "entertaining" while I teach.
|This is Miss Sahrae, the wonderful master mind behind The Fireflies|
|The girls made these flowers|
for the Residents of a local Nursing Home