It's Sunday morning and I am getting ready for Church.
My face covered with with a layer of possibly the most amazing detoxifying mask.
As I wait for the mask to do its magic I paint my nails.
Next, I wash my hair.
As I blow dry my hair I can't help but notice how clean my face looks... it's glowing.
It's time for make up, let's cover those imperfections and outline my eyes.
Pulling off the price tag to that new shirt I bought.
Accesorize! It's all about the right jewelry.
Shoes and Purse.
Looking fabulous... not feeling it though.
Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 1 Peter 3:3-4
Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Proverbs 31:30
I am reminded that beauty, (true, lasting, incorruptible beauty) can only be found in the God who created us to be forever. These bodies are a temporary vessel, but our soul, it was created for eternity. Are we investing in the here and now or for the then and there? If you desire to be beautiful, read this list of Tips For Timeless Beauty:
- Laugh out loud
- Dance with joy
- Dress yourself in a true understanding of your value and worth as my child
- Pray to me
- Drink my living water
- Do not worry
- Wrap yourself in my arms of mercy
- Walk upon the aisle of my grace
- Be slow to speak and quick to listen
- Love me the Lord your God with all your heart
- Open your arms to the poor and extend your hands to the needy
- Love your enemies
- Remain in my love
- Let your spirit sing my praises
- Forgive as you have been forgiven and accept others as you have been accepted
- Feed the hungry
- Clothe the naked
- Have compassion for those in need
- Proclaim my mighty name throughout all the earth
And I have added one more, Encourage those around you with a kind word. My prayer is that we would grow in the beauty of our Lord. I pray that you may see yourself as dearly loved, made perfect and complete in Him.
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18